As mentioned in "ERISA Litigation and Investment Monitoring" (October 22, 2015), Dr. Susan Mangiero, Attorney James Fleckner and Dr. Lee Heavner will discuss economic and governance ramifications of the U.S. Supreme Court "Tibble" decision on December 3, 2015 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm EST.
To register for this educational webinar entitled "Life After Tibble: Investment Monitoring and Litigation Defense Considerations for ERISA Fiduciaries," click here. The sponsor, Bloomberg BNA, has arranged for continuing legal education ("CLE") credits to be offered.
Educational objectives are listed below:
- Identify the main tenets of the Tibble decision and understand the implications of likely future litigation and enforcement;
- Distinguish investment monitoring done in-house or by third parties;
- Discover preemptive measures for effective investment monitoring;
- Learn how to mount a defense against lawsuits; and
- Cover the components of economic damage estimates as part of an investment monitoring lawsuit or regulatory enforcement action.
Given the importance and relevance of the topic, there are numerous individuals who can benefit by attending this program such as:
- Asset manager and financial service company attorneys;
- Banks that sell to ERISA plans;
- Corporate board members;
- Corporate counsel;
- ERISA fiduciaries;
- ERISA fiduciary liability insurers;
- ERISA litigators;
- ERISA transactional attorneys;
- Financial analysts;
- Financial regulators;
- Financial industry journalists;
- Investment advisors and consultants;
- Mutual fund directors;
- ERISA plan policymakers; and
- ERISA plan researchers.