I am delighted to join the roster of multi-disciplinary speakers for this exciting October 24-25, 2013 New York City event. Designed for and by attorneys, the American Conference Institute's 6th National Forum on ERISA Litigation will include comments from renowned judges, in-house counsel, insurance experts, economic consultants and practicing litigators in the ERISA arena. According to the conference flyer, attendees will learn about the following:
- Emerging trends in multiple facets of ERISA litigation;
- Understanding new theories of liability arising from investment decisions, including alternative investments and the trend towards de-risking;
- 401(k) fee case considerations and a discussion about evolving defense strategies, the issue of service providers and the viability of float claims;
- ESOP litigation to include an overview of DOL investigations and settlements;
- Benefits claims litigation
- ERISA fiduciary litigation and ways to minimize liability exposure:
- Class action update; and
- Ethical issues that arise in ERISA litigation.
Having spoken and attended prior ERISA litigation conferences sponsored by the American Conference Institute, I always learned a lot. In particular, the discussions among jurists, the plaintiffs' bar and defense counsel makes for a collection of timely and lively debates. I hope you will be similarly satisfied if you decide to attend.
As a courtesy to readers of this blog, the American Conference Institute has activated a discount code of $200 for anyone who registers for the conference. Simply type "PRM200" when prompted. Click here to register. Click to download the agenda.