Dr. Susan Mangiero, CFA, certified Financial Risk Manager and Accredited Investment Fiduciary AnalystTM is pleased to address service provider due diligence and investment manager risk mitigation as part of the upcoming 2012 Governance, Risk and Control conference. Sponsored by the Institute of Internal Auditors, this event is part of a multiple day examination of ways to improve internal controls. Join us in Palm Beach from 8:30 am to 9:45 am on August 22, 2012 for a discussion of “Vendor Contracts and Risk Assessment: Lessons Learned from Fraud Convictions.”
The panel will be moderated by Mr. Frank Lazzara, Managing Director with FTI Consulting. Co-panelists include Dr. Susan Mangiero, Managing Director with FTI Consulting, Ms. Annie Dugas, CA, DIFA, CFE, Director - Investigative & Forensic Services with Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Consulting Inc. and Paul E. Zikmund, MBA, MAcc, MBEC, CFE, CFD and Director - Global Integrity and Forensic Audit with Bunge, Ltd.
The program will include the following:
- Discussion of best practices for selecting and monitoring service providers within an enterprise risk management framework;
- How to vet related party transaction disclosures to prevent problems;
- How to identify and mitigate conflicts of interest such as when a customer has an equity stake in a vendor;
- When to use independent experts to conduct investigative due diligence on the vendor and key persons;
- Understanding bribery and anti-money laundering issues when dealing with non-US vendors;
- Discussion of lessons learned from prominent fraud convictions that involved service providers and what internal auditors should do as a result.