Pension Risk Matters
Celebrate National Retirement Planning Week
It may not be a federal holiday but National Retirement Planning Week starts on April 11, 2011 with festivities planned throughout the week. Highlighted events include:
- Online discussion about individuals' retirement readiness, hosted by the Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Media Forum with industry experts about "risk management in the insured retirement market," led by the Insured Retirement Institute
- Release of a toolkit that financial advisers can use to help their clients improve retirement planning
- Roundtable hosted by the Aspen Institute on the topic of retirement issues.
For more information, read "National Retirement Planning Week® 2011 Kicks Off April 11" (Insured Retirement Institute press release, dated April 4, 2011). This educational initiative is sponsored by The National Retirement Planning Coalition that is headed by the Insured Retirement Institute and includes the American Council of Life Insurers, Americans for Secure Retirement, The American College, Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security, Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement and many more organizations seeking to "raise public awareness of the need for comprehensive retirement planning."
Note to Readers:
- Click to take the Consumer Reports quiz about retirement readiness.
- Check out "The Costs to Employers of Having Employees Who Are Unable to Retire" by Financial Finesse, Published by the 401k Help Center.com, 2011.
- See "10 Reasons You Won't be Able to Retire at 65" by Emily Brandon, U.S. News, March 15, 2011.
- Read "Why the Wealthy Never Retire" by Robert Frank (Wall Street Journal, September 27, 2010).
929 White Plains Road
Trumbull, CT 06611-3938
Phone: (203) 261-5519