Pension Risk Matters
Public Pension Risk Management and Fiduciary Liability
A few weeks ago, Attorney Terren B. Magid and Dr. Susan Mangiero jointly presented on the topic of pension risk management and fiduciary liability with a particular emphasis on public plans. Attorney Magid's insights reflect a particularly unique perspective inasmuch as he served as executive director of the $17 billion Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund ("PERF"). Dr. Mangiero shares her views as an independent risk management and valuation consultant, author, trainer and expert witness.
Click to download the 25-page webinar transcript for public pension fiduciaries entitled "Are You Properly Mitigating Risk? Assess Your Fiduciary IQ" with Attorney Terren B. Magid (Bingham McHale LLP) and Dr. Susan Mangiero (Fiduciary Leadership, LLC). Comments about ERISA plans are provided when applicable.
Topics discussed include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Public Pension Transparency Act
- Discount Rate Choice
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Municipal Advisor Registration
- Expanded Definition of ERISA Fiduciary
- Fee Disclosure Under ERISA 408(b)(2)
- Failure to Pay and Actuarially Required Contribution ("ARC")
- Benefit Reductions
- RFP Process
- Fiduciary Audits
- D&O Policy Review
- Vendor Contract Examination
- Qualitative and Quantitative "Investment Risk Alphabet Soup"
- Interrelated Risk Factors
- Key Person Risk
- Hard to Value Investing
- Model Risk
- Stress Testing
- Pension Litigation
- Fiduciary Breach Vulnerability
- Characteristics of a Good Model
- Side Pockets and Investment Performance.
Comments are welcome.
929 White Plains Road
Trumbull, CT 06611-3938
Phone: (203) 261-5519